React is classified as a Class II medical device – Power Muscle Stimulator.
Its non-invasive technology can stimulate muscles, nerves and tendons up to 4 inches deep into the body. Patients are treated with their clothes on as the bio-electric magnetic therapy requires no skin contact in order to actuate the tissues.
React makes it easy to treat these difficult areas
> INFRASPINATUS (ROTATOR CUFF)
> GLUTEUS (BUTTOCKS)
> PIRIFORMIS (SCIATIC)
> PSOAS (HIP FLEXOR)
> PECTORALIS (CHEST)
> ILIOTIBIAL BAND (QUAD & CALF)
Indications for Use for Muscle Stimulation
- Relaxation of muscle spasms : increase blood flow and re-educating the muscle to function correctly
- Increasing local blood circulation :due to the active contraction of the muscles, React increases blood flow, brings nutrients to the damaged region and promotes healing.
- Atrophy/disuse: reduce rehabilitation and recovery time by building strength and activating muscles effected
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis: increase blood flow in the limb
- Range of motion: by reducing pain, increasing blood flow and stimulating muscles, we can help to increase the range of motion that is often lost during post-injury recovery.
- Pain management: stimulate muscles creating new neuro- pathways for the nerves to communicate with the brain. This technique helps to alleviate pain without pharmaceuticals.
- Neuro muscular re-education from a brain or spinal cord injury: patients who suffer from traumatic muscular, spinal or brain injury can benefit significantly through our tailored cross-patterning techniques.
Indication for Use for Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Provide entirely non-invasive electromagnetic stimulation of pelvic floor musculature for the purpose of rehabilitation of weak pelvic muscles
- Restoration of neuromuscular control for the treatment of urinary incontinence in women.
Pulses of steep gradient magnetic flux are produced by the therapy head (magnet). These fields penetrate the patient’s muscles (perineum if treating the pelvis) and initiate nerve impulses that ultimate innervate both the striated muscles and /or smooth muscles, causing them to contract.
The time-varying magnetic fields create an electrical potential that causes ion flow (Eddy currents) within the targeted tissues. This ion flow results in the results ion resting motor neuron membrane potentials greater than the threshold potential necessary to start an action potential.
Once this action potential has been realized, the sodium (Na+) and potassium (K+) ions flow across the neuron membrane. This action propagates a nerve impulse to the motor end plate. The musculature responds with contractions as a rate determined by the output pulse rate of the system. If the output pulse rate exceeds that of the muscles ability to contract and relax with each pulse, the result is a constant and steady contraction of the muscles.
- Who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant
- Have an implantable cardiac pacemaker or implantable cardio defibrillator
- History of cardiac arrhythmia or arterial fibrillation (AFib)